10 January 2017

Liverpool Lovin //

PLACES

This is such a well overdue post (oops!) but I'm currently lying in bed thinking about planning our next little get-away and I realised I never posted about this one - better late than never though right?!  I'd wanted to go to Liverpool for absolutely ageeees - so many people had told me what a great city it was and how much they loved it, and Dan and I were sooo ready for a little mini break after doing endless hours of DIY, so we did a little bit of a last minute booking back in September!


We stayed at the Titanic Hotel which I absolutely loved, the bedrooms are massive with amazing high ceilings and rustic exposed brick. It was originally a massive dockside warehouse and you can really feel the historic vibe here, mixed in with all of the modern touches. Breakfast there was lushhh, there was so much choice, with both the classic full English and continental options (I had a bit of both obvsss) and we left feeling ready for the day ahead! I'd definitely recommend staying here if you ever visit Liverpool and I think it's pretty reasonable for such a lovely hotel.


On the first day we spent most of our time shopping - trust me, there's ALOT of shops in Liverpool! They have all the massive versions of some of my favee high street brands - Zara, Topshop, Oasis, Primark etc. plus they have a Lush Spa! I seemed to find loads of clothes that I liked (you know when you just have one of those good shopping days?) and I got the cutest khaki bomber jacket from Zara and some holographic jeans from Primark, which I've literally worn to death since!


In the evening on the first night we went to Bills for dinner, which is one of my absolute favee places to go - their Pink lemonade is the best! For our second night we went to Jamie's Italian which is somewhere I've been meaning to try for absolutely ageees and we were not disappointed. I can't believe we didn't go sooner and both the service and food were really good - especially the nacho starter + orange & pomegranate desert - we went all out and had three courses - yummm.

 

On the second day it was super sunny (although the sky looks blue it was still pretty cold!) and we went for a walk along the docks, which is where the Tate gallery is, as well as The Beatles experience. There was a really cute donut stand and my sweet tooth definitely got the better of me - they were sooo good - hot and covered in sugar! We went into full on tourist mode and got our picture taken with the Beatles statue - some of the architecture round by the docks is really beautiful.



We also managed to squeeze in a visit to the famous Cathedral which was really cool, it's absolutely massive inside and has loads of amazing stained glass windows and the highest ceiling. There was an ice-cream van right outside so on the way back Dan had to get a 99 complete with flake and sauce! I'm more of an ice-lolly person though so I just annoyed him by taking loads of ice-cream based photos haha.

It was so nice to just get away for a couple of days and putting this post together and looking over all the photos has reminded me of what a great time we had, eating lovely food and ambling around - Liverpool is definitely somewhere I want to go again soon!

Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018