25 July 2017

Refreshing Summer Spirits //

FOOD

I can't quite fathom why I never used to like gin. I think it might be because I'd always tried it with tonic, which is definitely something I think I'll always hate, but honestly, having gin in a cocktail is the most refreshing, summery drink!


Recently I've purchased a couple of gins to add to my bar-cart and mix into cocktails and they're both sosoo good. The first is by a brand called Bloom and comes in the most beautiful pale turquoise bottle. I like to mix it with a dash of elderflower cordial, a single measure of St. Germain, my favourite Elderflower liquor and then top it up with sparkling water. Garnish with a wedge of lemon, some ice and a sprig of mint and you're good to go! It's such a refreshing summery cocktail and literally takes no effort to make.

The second gin I've been loving is Warner Edwards Rhubarb gin, it tastes amazing mixed with lemonade or ginger beer and it's the prettiest pink colour. If you wanted to make it really fancy you could peel thin slices of rhubarb to pop in the glass although I'm yet to get round to going that far!

I've also recently discovered Firefly drinks and some of their flavours are too good! My personal favourite is the Kiwi & Mint flavour which I think would work really well in both cocktails and mocktails, as well as their limited edition Superfly which comes in the prettiest floral bottle ever.

Are there any spirits you gravitate towards in Summer? I always fancy something really refreshing and these definitely tick all the right boxes!


Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018