1 January 2014

Glowing Skin // Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder + Retractable Kabuki Brush

BEAUTY

Chanel Les Beiges healthy glow sheer powder is part of the Les Beiges De Chanel range, which here in the UK was released 15th March and consists of five powder shades, ranging from the palest (10) to the darkest (50), plus a retractable kabuki brush, designed for use with the powder.


It is a very sheer, finely milled pressed powder which has been created by Peter Philips to give a gorgeous subtle glow to the face, taking away any oil or shine in the process. The campaign for this range is fronted by the amazing Gisele Bundchen shot by Mario Testino. I think she is perfect for the campaign as its all about natural, radiant beauty.

I purchased the lightest shade (10) and upon trying this powder  found that it indeed gave me a certain glow with just a hint of colour, although the finished result wasn't too noticeable; in the fact that it doesn't contain any sort of shimmer or glitter. I didn't have any problems with this powder becoming too cakey or drying as the day went on and found this to be a really great powder for my relatively dry, sensitive skin.


Other perks of this powder are that it has a protective formula, containing cotton flower and white rose plant cells, with a built in UV protection (SPF 15), and it also protects against free radicals and environmental stress. It does have a fragrance to it, as do most Chanel products, but I found that it fades after a couple of minutes, and smells quite pleasant in my opinion. If you aren’t too sure about fragranced cosmetics I’d recommend checking it out at the counter before purchasing.

The packaging is a black and creamy beige coloured compact, with the classic interlocking C’s stamped on in black. This is a very unique packaging and I love the way it’s a little bit different to the usual Chanel compact packaging. Inside it contains a small crescent moon brush with a black separator to stop the brush touching the powder all the time. I think this brush is very useful, as not everyone will want to purchase the separate kabuki. It's very soft and is made of natural hair; it's good for a very light application of this powder or for when going away, if you didn’t want to overload your luggage with brushes. It also contains a mirror, the same as most Chanel compacts and comes in the classic velvety dust pouch, which I think is a perfect way to carry make-up products when travelling, to protect them.

Although I got this powder in the lightest shade (10) for everyday use as I'm so pale, I could have easily purchased a darker shade, as these are very sheer. I would recommend getting a darker shade if you are planning to use this as more of a bronzer; although I would suggest having a little experiment at a Chanel counter before purchasing.


Moving on to the retractable kabuki brush... I believe this brush may be limited edition although I’m not 100% on this. I totally recommend this amazing brush! It’s so soft and gives a really great precise application. It’s a very dense synthetic brush, which I think could be extremely versatile; I would use it for applying not only powder, but also foundation or blush.

It's not too big, but has a longer handle than the old Chanel kabuki, making it slightly easier to work with. The Chanel logo on the top is beige not white, which I think this is a really nice touch and helps incorporate it into the les beiges collection. I also like the fact that it is retractable with a lid on it, meaning the brush wont get ruined so easily. One thing I’m not so keen on is that its hairs are white, so it shows up any dirt straight away. The head is dense but not too big, so I found it easy to get around my nose and under my eyes with this brush. I would recommend purchasing this sooner rather than later to avoid Chanel regret if it is limited edition!

The cost of these items are £38 for the Les Beiges powder and £33 for the retractable kabuki brush. They can be purchased online or in-store at Boots or Debenhams.
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018