19 February 2014

A Few New Beauty Purchases

BEAUTY

So I went shopping today in town and bought a few new beauty products I've never tried before, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on them...


1. Nars blusher in orgasm - this is obviously a cult product, and I've been meaning to try it out for so long now. In the pan it's a gorgeous peachy pink with gold shimmer, this feels like it'll be the perfect colour for me! this was £22.50 from Selfridges.

2. MAC face and body foundation - I was advised to get this in the colour C2 by the MUA, and I chose  to get the smaller 50ml size (£21.50) to test it out first, even though the bigger size is an amazing price in comparison at £27.00 for 120ml. The reviews I've read on this make it seem perfect for me - moisturising and lightweight, so I have high hopes. This was also from Selfridges.

3. Bourjois Java Rice Powder - The packaging on this is the cutest thing, very vintage! I wasn't planning on buying this but it was 3 for 2 in boots and I fell in love. It's a nice finely milled loose power with a subtle shimmer to it. I'm hoping to use it as either a highlighter or an all over powder, depending on how shimmery it comes out. Oh, and also it smells amazing! This was £9.99 in boots.

4. Revlon colorburst matte balm - I don't own many matte lip products and when I swatched this I really liked the colour. It's called elusive 205 and comes out a dusty pink (unlike the photo which looks fuchsia for some reason). I liked the idea of it being more creamy and less drying, which is what usually puts me off matte lips. This was £7.99 from boots.

5. Seventeen phwoarr paint - I've read mixed reviews about this product, and personally hate the name, but I usually like seventeens products and I love trying out new concealers so I thought I'd give it a go. I chose the lightest shade fair (this actually only comes in two shades, the other is medium), which seems quite a good match for me. I'm hoping it'll cover dark circles under my eyes and that it won't be drying; fingers crossed! this was £5.49 from boots (free for me on 3 for 2 though yay!).

Once I've tested these out I'll try to share my thoughts on them individually!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018