16 November 2014

Battle Of The Masks // Avene, Ren, Sunday Riley + Sisley

BEAUTY

Recently I've been getting into face masks. I never used to like putting a mask on my face; because I have sensitive skin some were irritating, however after testing out various sample sizes I've become a convert.


First up, the Avene Cleanance Exfoliating Mask (£15 for 50ml) for oily, blemish prone skin. I love this but I find I can only put it on for a minute or two before my face starts to tingle - this may be because my skin isn't really oily, with blemishes only sometimes. For this reason I prefer to use it as an exfoliating cleanser twice a week, and I find it helps remove any dead skin cells, leaving my skin brighter and smoother. This is surprisingly non-drying seeing as it's for acne prone skin.

Next, my new favourite mask ever - the Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask (£95.50 for 60ml) - only one downside, it is ridiculously pricey! This is a smoothing, plumping and brightening mask, which I find to be extremely hydrating. The instructions say to leave this on for around 15 minutes, but I like to just leave this on, and even use it as an overnight mask - for this price you may as well get you're moneys worth!

Third of my mask samples is Sunday Rileys Good Genes Treatment (£85 for 30ml). This can be used either as a serum, or in a thicker layer as a mask, but I've been using it as the later. It's good because like the Sisley mask, you can leave it on for as long as you want, plus it smells lovely. The downside is that this is almost as expensive as the Black Rose mask and you get an even smaller amount of product! This gives a very similar result to the Sisley mask, but with a slightly different texture - this one soaks in faster leaving a shiny layer on the skin, compared to the Sisley which is creamier.

Last but certainly not least the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (£30 for 50ml). Ren is an all natural skincare brand that I have been loving at the moment. This is a slightly exfoliating mask, with an orange gooey texture. It feels very slightly warming on the skin, but the results after 10 minutes are amazing - my skin is completely smooth and all dry patches are gone. It also helps banish the dreaded grey face when a hangover from hell is kicking in!

Hopefully one day I will own the Sisley Black Rose Mask as more than just a sample, but for now I can't justify purchasing the full size - if anyone knows of any cheaper alternatives please let me know! P.S. What face masks have you been loving recently?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018