19 March 2015

Lush Shampoo Bars // Jason + The Argan Oil + Honey I Washed My Hair

BEAUTY

When I first heard about Shampoo in a solid bar I though hell no! But upon being sucked into the Lush store (the smell can do this to you you know…), taking a look at them on their pretty dishes, and being swayed by the ever so helpful staff, I came away with not one, but two of these beauties. To be fair to myself one was a present for my sister, which she kindly allowed me to photograph and test (secretly hoping she leaves it in the bathroom so I can continue to use it…).



Anyway, the bottom line is these smell and work amazingly. I literally can't decide which one I love more. These two were probably the strongest smelling ones in Lush, but once you use it on your hair the scent is lovely and subtle. Jason & The Argan Oil smells like the famous Rose Jam shower gel; I find it quite fresh and floral, with a strong rose scent. Honey I Washed My Hair has the same scent as the Honey I Washed The Kids soap - a personal favourite of mine! It's very sweet and smells like toffee to me. I must warn you that this scent will invade your whole bathroom if you leave it out - not necessarily a bad thing depending on who else you share with likes the smell!

It takes a little bit of getting used to at first, but I just lather it up like a soap and then rub it onto my hair. Then just rinse and condition as normal and voila! My hair feels really soft and shiny upon using both of these, and I find the scent to linger subtly for a little while. I think these are ideal for travelling and should last a long time. The only negative is that upon being newly purchased it is very difficult to fit them in the tin (you have to buy this separately). Let me know what you think - would you stick to regular shampoo or try a bar?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018