8 April 2015

Deep Cleanse // Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask

BEAUTY

Aesop is a brand which I've only just realised exists - can you believe it! It's a very popular Australian brand in the beauty blogger world and upon trying it I'm starting to realise why. The Parsley Seed range is one of the most popular and well known lines, and I opted to try out the Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque.


I purchased this from the Aesop boutique in London's Covent Garden around a month ago, when me and my boyfriend travelled down for my birthday. I have to say the shop was beautiful - really bright and modern, with all the products perfectly lined up on the shelves; a neat freaks dream!

I've been testing this mask out since that time and I have to say it's really nice! It is an anti-oxidant clarifying mask containing parsley seed, evening primrose and rose hip seed, which is designed for frequent deep cleansing of the skin. I'm always a little wary when it comes to these sorts of face masks as I have quite dry, sensitive skin, however this mask is a little bit of a miracle worker. It helps to unclog pores as well as reducing spots, and it doesn't dry out my skin in the slightest - I love how gentle it is. It smells lovely as well, sort of fresh and herbal. The mask comes in really cute, minimalist packaging, however I'm not a huge fan of metal tubing as I find it to crack and leak sometimes. The product itself is a light pinkish-brown colour, and you only need the thinnest layer on your face so this 60ml tube should last quite a while. It turns a white colour on the face when it dries and believe me you can tell it's working just from looking - trust me you'll know what I mean when you use this! Aesop recommends using this twice a week, although it obviously depends on what other products your using too.

Overall I think I'm beginning to fall in love with this brand, the service in the shop was great and I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to getting free samples - when you're buying expensive products I really believe you should get the option to try before you buy, especially as skincare is such a personal thing. I'd love to try out the Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Hydrator next - definitely one for the wish-list!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018