27 October 2015

A Quick + Easy Eye-Look // Nars Pro Prime + Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eye-Stick

BEAUTY

I went on holiday a little while back to Barcelona and whilst I was there I couldn't resist a trip to Sephora. I actually surprised myself a little and was very restrained (shower gel dropping incidents aside... clumsy as always!), only purchasing a Marc Jacobs Eye-Stick and a couple of face masks (blog post to come on these!). I also recently purchased a new eye-primer from Nars to replace my trusty old Urban Decay one which recently ran out, and I have to say I'm really loving the two together for a quick and easy eye combo.



Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is a firm favourite in the beauty world and was something I'd been wanting to try for a really long time. I like that it comes with a wand applicator making it quick and easy to apply straight onto your eyelid and lower lash line. I usually just blend in using my fingers or a fluffy brush before going in with my eyeshadow of choice. I'm so pleased that this does exactly what it says on the tin - it really does keep your eyeshadow looking fresh and crease free all day long. You only need a small amount to do the job but it's definitely an important step in my make-up routine!

I was really excited to have a look at the Marc Jacobs Beauty range as it's something that's quite difficult to get hold of in the UK and it just all looks too darn pretty. Upon testing everything out in the store (I had a lot of swatch marks on my hands afterwards!) I gravitated towards getting one of the Twinkle Pop Eyeshadow Sticks (not just for the pretty name I swear), finally deciding on the shade Honey Bunny. This is a gorgeous flattering champagne shade which I find works really well for a quick, everyday application. It's got a pretty shimmer running through it and looks really great on its own as a wash of colour over the whole eyelid or just used in the inner corner as a highlight.

I found application to be pretty effortless, just pop a bit on straight from the bullet and blend using a fluffy brush and voila your ready to go out the door! It's also got a similar cooling effect as the Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows and feels like a pretty similar formula. One thing I would say  however is that this formula sets very quickly so you need to be pretty fast at blending. For this reason I'd recommend doing one eye at a time and blending out as you go. Together with my Nars Primer this duo creates a super quick eye-look that's perfect for every day and has a really long wear time with no creasing or fading - win! What are your go to products for a really quick eye make-up?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018