14 October 2015

Lush Halloween // Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar + Lord Of Misrule Bath Bomb

BEAUTY

This time of year is my absolute favourite - for some reason everything feels so cosy in Autumn and it's just the perfect time to light candles, have a bath, get a takeaway and snuggle up in front of the telly! It's also the exciting time of year that Lush release their limited edition Halloween and Christmas ranges (I may have had a little splurge but I'll talk about the Christmas bits in another post).


This year I got the Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb and Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar (Halloween classics!), although I'm a little sad they didn't bring back Northern Lights Bath Bomb or Wizard Bubble Bar. They had a couple of new bits this year - Nightwing Shower Jelly which I wasn't keen on when I smelt it and the Lord of Misrule Shower Cream.

Sparkly Pumpkin is just the cutest idea for a bubble bar - it's a bright orange mini pumpkin shape which is absolutely covered in golden glitter with a little piece of cinnamon acting as the pumpkin stalk - so adorable! This one smells really lovely - it's warming and citrusy with juniper, lime and grapefruit oil - perfect for autumn!

Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb is the perfect spooky treat - it looks green on the outside but once you plop it into the bath the outer layer slowly fizzes away to reveal a blood red core - the effect is really cool but also slightly gross looking - which is really the idea at halloween! Once it's dissolved your bathwater is left looking a little bit like the scene of a rather bloodthirsty crime - albeit a lovely smelling one. This has quite a herbal, heady scent thanks to the patchouli and black pepper oil encased within, which I didn't think I'd be too keen on, but combined with vanilla absolut it really works well and isn't too overpowering.

Of the two I'd say Sparkly Pumpkin is my favourite - simply for the cuteness factor and the fact I'm a sucker for glitter! I'm really getting in the Halloween spirit now (I'm even going to make Halloween cakes) and I can't wait to do fancy dress on the night itself! What are your plans for Halloween and what do you like to do to get in the festive mood?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018