22 April 2017

Series You Need To Watch //

LIFESTYLE

I have to admit I'm definitely not one of life's thrill seekers and although I enjoy going out and having fun with friends there are some days when all I want to do is snuggle up on the sofa and get into a TV series. There are so many great things to watch, but it can be hard to know what to choose so I though I'd do a round up of some of my recent faves!


The Walking Dead //
I know this is a series that's been on for a long time but I recently binge watched it all and it was sooo good not having to wait for each episode to come out to find out what was going to happen next and each episode had me hooked. Although it's primarily a pretty gory zombie fest, the characters are all really engaging, some you hate, some you really want to get some sort of happy ending, although lets face it, there are ALOT of deaths throughout every season. A lot of moral issues are addressed as plots evolve and characters adapt to their new surroundings and it's really interesting to imagine what would happen under those circumstances.

Call The Midwife //
I've watched this ever since it first started and it just reminds me of cosy Sunday evenings in with my family. It's a really heartwarming series detailing the lives of the midwives of Poplar and the families they help, with each episode focusing on a different issue. There are a lot of tear jerking scenes but most of the time there's a happy ending to be had!

Line Of Duty //
The most recent series of this is on at the moment and I've been watching it religiously. It's a show that you really have to concentrate on but it's just so gripping and each episode leaves you wanting to start the next one immediately. It follows the police officers working at AC12, a unit which investigates corruption in the police force. I found it really interesting as before I watched this I'd never really considered that there are officers who look into other police officers actions.

Broadchurch //
I'm sososo sad that this is over after just three series! This is a crime drama on ITV that features Olivia Coleman and David Tenant (they make the best acting partnership) as detectives trying to solve the murder of Danny Latimer (in the first series) and then the rape of Trish Winterman in the most recent series. I won't try to explain the plot too much as there are so many twists and red herrings along the way, but trust me, if you've never watched this you're so lucky that you have it all to watch (especially with no week long wait in between episodes!).

13 Reasons Why //
This is a new series available to watch exclusively on Netflix. It's set in an American high school and follows a girl called Hannah who has committed suicide and left a series of tapes behind, detailing the 13 reasons why she took her own life. I feel like this was a really moving and important series that helped show how bullying and the smallest thing we do or say to someone can really affect them and make up a much bigger picture. No-one knows everything another person is going through in their own mind or how they're feeling, and I feel like this series could help so many people going through a tough time in their lives.

Have you watched any of these series? Is there anything you'd recommend me watching?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018