20 December 2014

Not Your Average Blusher // Tom Ford Ravish

BEAUTY

So it's getting closer to Christmas, and in my mind this calls for some serious luxury and glamour - this year in the form of Tom Fords gorgeous blusher in the shade Ravish. I wanted something a little different from all the corals and pinks I usually reach for, and this shade fits the bill perfectly.


It's extremely pigmented so a small swipe is all that's needed to create a full-coverage, glowy look - don't make the mistake of swirling your brush over the pan too much, otherwise product will end up being wasted (or you'll look like Aunt Sally). This is one of the darker shades in the Tom Ford blusher range, but once blended out looks really beautiful with the paler skin I'm sporting come the winter months. The colour itself is a warm red-brown with a lovely subtle shimmer running through.

This may look a little scary in the pan for some people, but I promise you, if you're looking for something a little different with amazing quality, look no further. I find this to have huge staying power, with an incredibly creamy, soft formula, and I'm yet to even mention how good the packaging is! The blusher is housed in a luxurious brown and gold magnetic packaging, with a large mirror inside. It's also embossed with the Tom Ford logo on the front and comes complete with a matching dust pouch.

Now onto the horrible bit… the price. This is hands down the most expensive blusher I own - £46 to be precise. Is it ridiculously extravagant? Yes. Does it make me feel a little bit sick? Yes. Is it worth every penny? Yes. Because everyone needs to treat themselves at Christmas, okay?… I'm looking forward to wearing this with a seriously smoky, glittery eye and a nude lip come Christmas day, or any other day for that matter. You can find this online or in-store at Selfridges or House of Fraser. What's your go to winter blusher?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018