23 February 2016

My Favourite Nude Lip Shades

BEAUTY

I love a good 'my lips but better' shade - don't you? They're just so easy to wear, and finish off any make-up look with the minimal amount of effort required. There's no need to worry about the perils of lipstick on the teeth or getting the outline just so when wearing one of these shades. I thought I'd share some of my tried and tested favourites with you today (trust me some are veeery well loved!).


The first two to mention are definitely more of a lipstick than a balm and will leave more of a lasting and obvious colour on the lips. The Clinique Pop Lip Colour & Primer in the shade Nude Pop is a pretty warm toned pink-nude shade with a hint of sparkle running through it. I got this free with Glamour magazine but as soon as it runs out I'll be re-purchasing the bigger size. I love how long-lasting this formula is, especially as it's more of a creamy finish.

MAC Creme-Sheen Lipstick in the shade Peach Blossom is another fave that I've mentioned on the blog before. It's a subtle pinky-coral shade that looks perfect paired with a peachy blush (Nars Orgasm I'm looking at you). I love the Creme-Sheen lipsticks formula - it's really creamy but still departs a fair bit of pigment to your lips, a winning combo in my book!

If your looking for more of a balmy, subtle finish then these next three shades should be right up your street. The Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rosewood Shimmer is a gorgeous brown-nude shade which I find to be really moisturising. I also love the sponge applicator - just squeeze and apply straight from the tube - tres convenient!

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the shade Boy is a much loved favourite of mine (so much so that this is  the third time I've repurchased!). It is more expensive than most of the other options but there's just something about a Chanel lipstick isn't there? It's the prettiest shimmering nude shade that just looks so flattering on the lips.

The By Terry Baume De Rose Nutri-Couleur in the shade Toffee Cream is definitely one of the most moisturising lip balms I've ever used. In my photo it come in a tube with a doe foot applicator but at the moment you can only buy it in the bigger pots (this was limited edition at Christmas alongside four other shades, so fingers crossed it will be back next year!). This smells amazing and is full of rose-flower essential wax to give you the softest lips everrrr. This is a great one of your not a fan of shimmer and just want something super subtle.

So there you have it, my nude lips round up! I'd love to know what your go to every day lipstick/balm is?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018