19 February 2016

Spring Dior Illuminating Palette // Glowing Pink

BEAUTY

I've never really been one for a powder highlighter, I usually reach for a cream or liquid formulation, up until now that is! As soon as I laid eyes on this I knew I had to treat myself and branch out into the world of powder glow givers and boy am I glad that I did.


The Dior Skin Nude Air Illuminating Palette in the shade Glowing Pink is part of the limited edition Glowing Gardens Spring 2016 collection. It's a really pretty champagne coloured, finely milled shimmering powder that gives a lovely natural, lit from within look to the skin. Strobing (basically a fancy name for good old fashioned highlighting) is big in the beauty world at the moment and this powder definitely helps to achieve the desired effect.

It comes in the most beautiful silver Dior packaging alongside a cute mini kabuki brush for application. I simply use the brush to lightly sweep the powder across the tops of my cheekbones, on my brow bones, down the bridge and tip of my nose and on my cupids bow. It did pain me the first time I used it though - I mean just look at the gorgeous floral embossing - trust me, it looks even better when you see it in person! Bottom line, this product has won me over to the powers of powder highlighters; The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer I'm coming for you next!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018