16 March 2017

The Book Post // A Few Recommendations

LIFESTYLE

When it comes to books I don't tend to stick to one genre - I'll try almost anything! If you're stuck in a rut with reading or are just looking for something a little different to what you usually go for then one of these is bound to be up your street.


A Twist Of The Knife // Peter James
I love reading crime books and Peter James has written so many - his Roy Grace series is particularly good - I don't know how he comes up with some of the plots! This is a book of thirty short stories so I think it's a great introduction to Peter as an author, plus it gives you a little introduction to the Roy Grace detective series if you were interested in reading them.

Room // Emma Donaghue
This was quite a harrowing story - it's told from the point of view of a 5 year old boy (Jack) and all he knows of the world is 'room', the place where his mother has been held captive since before he was born. He believes that 'room' is the only place that is real and that everywhere else only exists in the television, naive to the fact that his mother was abducted and is being held against her will.

All The Bright Places // Jennifer Niven
This is a really great coming of age story following the characters of Violet and Finch that will most definitely pull on your heartstrings. Finch is quite a dark character - he's obsessed with death and the idea of dying, whereas Violet is depressed because of the death of her sister. They slowly get to know one other, and in a way try to save each other from themselves. I think it gives a great insight into what it's like to live with a mental illness - I was literally sobbing when I read this though so you have been pre-warned!

Wildflower // Drew Barrymore
I'm not usually into autobiographies but this one is a lovely heartwarming, funny read - I feel like I really got to know Drew Barrymore as a person and she's certainly led an interesting, exciting life! It was great to get to know the story behind her transformation from wild child actress into a successful adult actress, mom & wife.

These are just a few of the books I've read and loved over the past couple of months - I'd love to know what books you'd reccommend!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018