9 May 2017

A Green Corner + A Peek At My Living Room //

LIFESTYLE

I've been having a bit of a spring clean and a spruce up today, moving a few things around and hanging my planters (finally!) and I realised I've never really blogged about my living room and what I've been doing to make it all come together.


When we first moved in to our house there was wallpaper everywhere and we spent a pretty long time stripping it all off and getting everything back to basics. I'm a big fan of white walls as I think it makes a room look fresh and bright, then you can just add your own colour scheme and spruce it up with splashes of colour. One of the walls had fake bricks added on and when we were stripping it back I realised I kind've liked the exposed brickwork look, although I wasn't sure wether to paint it white or leave it it's original brick colour, although looking back I'm glad everyone persuaded me to go white!


Our fireplace was quite a long process to get finished - I got the wooden surround off Ebay and painted it with chalk furniture paint, thennn we had to wait for our floor to be laid before getting it all tiled. I originally wanted an electric fire but I couldn't find any that I liked and they were all sooo expensive! The tiles were from Topps Tiles and they're one of my favourite features - the Herringbone marble looks super pretty! I've accessorised with a load of candles, a little mirror from H&M home and my faux peonies from Homesense.

Because the walls are so white I felt like I needed some colour to break it up a little bit, so it was the perfect spot for my hanging planters to go. These were from a little interior shop near where I live, but I've seen them in quite a few places - Tiger did some cute pastel coloured ones a while back. I've just planted them up today so hopefully I'll remember to water them and they won't die on me! My next task is definitely to get some pictures for above our sofa - it's such a vast stretch of white wall and I really want to either buy or paint some abstract colourful pieces to go here! What do you think of my lounge + do you have any suggestions of what I could add?!

Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018