5 January 2015

Luxurious Lips // Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss

BEAUTY

I have to admit, I'm not usually the biggest lipgloss fan out there, but when Chanel announced a new lipgloss with the same packaging style as the Rouge Allure lipstick range, I was really excited to try one  out. These Rouge Allure Glosses are put across by Chanel as a hybrid product, going on like a lipgloss, but giving all the colour of a lipstick. There are 8 shades in total, ranging from darker reds and browns to lighter pinks and corals.


I chose the shade Sensible - a gorgeous light pink colour. This is probably one of the sheerest shades in the collection, but can still be layered for a slightly more intense finish. I did swatch some of the other shades on my hand when deciding on a colour to purchase, so I can say that some of the colours are a lot more intense.

The texture of this is really gorgeous, it's not sticky at all, which is my pet hate when using a lipgloss (a windy day + glossy lips = a bit of a nightmare really). It feels almost like a balm on the lips and doesn't dry them out in the slightest like some lipsticks tend to do. I find it be relatively long-lasting for a gloss, although I'd imagine the darker colours would last even longer than the one I chose.

The packaging is of course gorgeous (the 'clicky design' continues to wow my boyfriend every time I bring it out), but I would say it makes it a teeny bit harder to grip onto when applying. The doe-foot applicator itself however dispenses just enough product to cover the lips, giving an even finish every time.

Overall I love the colour I chose and feel like I've expanded my viewpoint when it comes to trying lip glosses. These are £26 each so if you're still itching to spend your Christmas money I'd recommend giving one a try!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018