16 January 2015

La Roche-Posay Skincare // Serozinc, Cicaplast Baume B5, Effaclar Duo + Effaclar AI

BEAUTY

La Roche-Posay is a staple brand in just about every French Pharmacy and is quickly becoming a favourite here in the UK too. I've tried and tested a few products and love all of them - I thought it was time to share the love...


La Roche-Posay's Serozinc is bit of a cult classic that was previously unavailable in the UK (why???). But don't fret… to take away your January blues, Escentual now stock this can of wonder - and currently at a reduced price too! It's a toner containing only three ingredients: thermal spring water, zinc sulphate and sodium chloride. It comes in a spray can, allowing it to be either spritzed straight onto the face (my preferred method), or wiped over the face using a cotton pad. I use this after cleansing and before a serum, and within days of use I could notice a difference. It helps calm and soothe any redness, and I noticed any spots I had seemed to go down and heal a lot faster than usual. It does say on the can that this is for oily blemish-prone skin, but I don't feel this is entirely accurate - I have slightly dry skin with a few small blemishes and this still worked great for me, so don't knock it til you've tried it is my advice!

Another seriously hyped up product by La Roche-Posay is the Cicaplast Baume B5, a soothing repair balm. This is marketed as a multi-purpose product which can be used to help heal all manner of things including: sunburn, nappy rash, eczema, chapped lips, dry patches and minor injuries. I usually use this at night, or when I'm having a no makeup day (i.e. not leaving the house haha), as it's quite thick and takes a little while to sink into the skin. It's safe to say this will sort out any minor skin irritation you're dealing with; if my skin's looking spotty it helps heal it faster, if I have dry patches they're gone overnight, and any redness is a thing of the past, once this balm goes on for a few hours, I'm good to go - definitely worthy of the hype!

Two final products I have to give a mention to: the famous La Roche Posay Efaclar Duo+ and the La Roche Posay Effaclar AI. These are two products I use when I feel my skin is getting congested, or when I need to target a particular spot. I like the Effaclar Duo as it's not drying on the skin like some spot treatments can be - some people apparently get away with using it as a moisturiser, although I personally wouldn't go that far. As you can see from the picture above I'm in desperate need of a repurchase - it's that good that I cut open the tube! It helps decongest the skin and gets rid of any pesky spots I have pretty quick. It also helps heal any scarring from spots at an accelerated rate. I use this on larger areas of skin and the Effaclar AI if I need to target one or two spots in particular, and I have to say, these two make a pretty great team! One dislike though is the packaging of the Effaclar AI; I just have a thing about metal packaging - It looks messy after a few uses and seems to crack on me once the product is getting to the end of life. Thankfully the other products I own come in plastic, squeezy tube packaging, which is so much more convenient.

What La Roche-Posay products are you currently loving? Any recommendations - please let me know!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018