1 January 2015

Some 2014 Favourites // Have a Happy New Year!

BEAUTY

So it's 2015 - can you believe it? This year has gone soo fast! I though it was time to get my act together and post the obligatory 2014 favourites that every beauty blogger and their dog seem to be posting at the moment - and here they are…


First up it's the gorgeous Tom Ford blusher in the shade Ravish. You can see my full review here but let me tell you, this has made me fall in love with the expensive world of Tom ford blusher, it just couldn't really get more perfect in terms of colour, pigment, staying power…the list goes on.

Another product I've been getting a lot of wear out of at the moment is the Chanel Illusion D'ombre in the shade Vision. Sadly this has now been discontinued but I thought I'd put it into the mix as it's just such a great shade for putting over the top of other eyeshadows to give extra golden sparkle, especially at this time of year! All of the Chanel Illusion D'ombre's I own are great creamy eyeshadows which give shimmer and sparkle to the lids - I'm going to do a more in depth review soon as I have quite a few!

Next up is my beloved By Terry Ombre Blackstar's, in the shades Frozen Quartz and Bronze Moon. You can find my review of Frozen Quartz here but I've yet to mention Bronze Moon. I absolutely love these eyeshadow sticks and use them all the time - they're perfect for fuss free, quick eyeshadow that looks really luxurious and doesn't crease or fade all day. The colour range is beautiful - Frozen Quartz is a taupey pink and Bronze Moon is a lovely shimmery light brown bronze. I find these two to pair really well together on the eye - all thats needed is a quick blend and voila!

Topshop Glow cream highlighter in the shade Gleam has also been a firm favourite this year - I reviewed it here back in April. It comes in the cutest little pot and is a beautiful rose-gold shade. I love that it's not overly shimmery but gives a subtle glow to the skin, I also have the other shade - Polish - a cooler toned silvery shade, which is also a winner in my book.

Finally a late addition to my 2014 favourites - Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne - which was a Christmas present from the boyfriend. This was a very hyped up new fragrance this year and sounded very odd to me - who wants to smell like salt? Then one day I was in Selfridges and thought I'd have a smell to see what all the fuss was about, and guess what? - It was love at first sniff. This fragrance is so unlike what I usually go for - girly, floral scents - but for some reason I adore it. It's a really fresh, slight woody scent - it literally reminds me of walking in the woods or the sea breeze across a beach.

So there you have it - some of the my best love products across this year. Happy New Year everyone - lets hope it's a good one!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018