19 March 2016

Cheese + Tomato Flatbread Pizza

FOOD

I love a good Pizza as much as the next person so I though I'd give this simple cheese & tomato one a go, and as it happens it turned out pretty good! I can't believe how easy it was to make - I never in a million years thought I could make a base but here it is...


For the flatbread itself you will need:

300g of plain flour
2 tbsp of olive oil
approximately 180ml of warm water
salt & pepper to season

For the toppings:

tomato puree
mozarella/ cheddar cheese
dried mixed herbs
rosemary
salad leaves


The dough itself is super easy to make - just sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the salt, pepper & oil before adding some or all of the water as needed to get the mixture to form a thick dough. Just knead it with your hands until it starts to come together - and trust me it will! After you've made your dough ball, sprinkle a work surface with a little flour to stop the dough sticking before kneading it some more, the trick is for it to feel kind've stretchy. Then cover it in cling film and leave it for around 15 mins.

Depending on how big you want your flatbread to be you could split the dough into two and roll it out into whatever shape you desire - I went for the long thin option, but you could go for the classic round pizza! Then add your toppings; I purposefully didn't add any quantities on the ingredients list as you can feel free to add as much or as little as you like - go wild! I was a little bit boring here as this is all we had in the fridge, but you could add loads of different vegetables or meats into the mix. Pop into the oven for around 10 minutes on gas mark 6/ 200c and then garnish with salad and herbs - sooo yummy!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018