1 March 2016

The Jewellery Edit

LIFESTYLE

When it comes to jewellery I like to keep it pretty simple with mostly gold pieces that are never going to fall out of style. There's a few different brands that I always seem to return to, as well as a few antique finds and family hand downs, so I thought I'd share my tips for building up a little jewellery collection!


I've always been really into wearing rings and some of my favourites are from a brand called Monica Vinader. I love that they're really dainty and unique and you can also stack them, so I can mix and match depending on my mood. They're also not too badly priced for the quality and materials used and would make a really special present - my boyfriend got me the Siren Diamond Stacking Ring for my 21st birthday and his parents got me the Citrine Siren Stacking Ring. The siren collection is definitely my favourite and I also have the simple Siren Band in gold & silver and the thicker Siren Diamond Wide Band in silver.

There are also a few new designs that I'm lusting over, including a really pretty waved diamond ring and the simple skinny diamond eternity ring - so so darn pretty! Also, whilst were on the subject of rings I need to mention my love for antique designs - they just have so much more character compared to more modern pieces and they're also usually a lot cheaper! The two rings seen at the top left of my photo definitely hold a lot of sentiment value for me. They were both given as gifts to me from my parents; one for my 18th birthday and one for my 21st, and both remind me of really special days where we all went out as a family and I picked each ring out. 

My tips for choosing antique jewellery are to go to smaller, stand alone shops and always have a really good look - you never know, your perfect piece could be hiding at the back in a dusty cupboard! A lot of antique dealers won't have a fixed price so if your not afraid to barter them down a bit you might be able to get a better deal, and they may be able to change the size of something for you - just don't be afraid to ask! My other antique pieces were passed on to me from my Nan & Mom, with my Nan giving me the unusual glass owl pendant on the thinnest gold chain in the bottom left corner of my photo and my Mom gifting me the simple gold bangle - a classic in my book!

I don't usually wear much in terms of earrings but recently I've found a collection that's really simple and easy to wear and is a great price too! The Zara Simons for Accessorize jewellery line has loads of great pieces, but I particularly like the Pave Ear Crawler & Stud Set - it looks so high end! They also have loads of pretty stud earrings and some great ear cuffs - definitely well worth a look! Another great jewellery brand you can find on the high street is Orelia; you can find a selection of their pieces in a lot of Topshop stores or you can also get it online. They do loads of really dainty bits and I particularly love the tiny hamsa hand necklaces they do here, here and here.

I also have to mention my watch, which was something I spent a lot of time deciding on before I eventually purchased it! I'm really picky when it comes to watches, I wanted one that was gold, to match the majority of my other jewellery, and something dainty, as I have pretty pathetically small wrists. I wasn't particularly keen on having any diamante on the outside of the watch face for fear that some of the stones may eventually fall out with wear, yet I still wanted it to have a bit of sparkle - I know, I know, I'm a fussy bugger!

I was so happy when I laid eyes on the Gramercy Crystal watch by Kate Spade, it was exactly what I wanted, with a mother of pearl dial and a few tiny crystals dotted around the face of the watch, all protected by the glass casing. You can get this watch in either silver, gold or rose gold and it comes in two sizes - mini and regular (mine is the mini). Kate Spade also does plenty of other watch styles - another one which looks beautiful is the Gramercy Grand - a simple watch with just a flash of pink, how cute?! What are your favourite jewellery brands? I'd love to know any reccommendations!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018