4 May 2016

A Bedside Makeover

LIFESTYLE

You know when you get really bored with an area in your room and it's just screaming out for a little spruce up? To be honest I don't know if everyone gets like this or if it's just me and my organisational ways! Anyway, I decided that my bedside table needed a little makeover and I'm really pleased with how everything turned out :)


I've wanted this lamp from Oliver Bonas for absolutely ageeees so I finally bit the bullet and treated myself to it - wooops. I mean it's mint, copper and marble - all my favourite colours rolled into one cute ass lamp! With this as the main feature I decided to throw caution to the wind and add more colour into the mix by decoupaging the top of my bedside table. It was looking a bit worse for wear and had quite a few marks and scratches on it but I'm so pleased with the result and just how easy it was to do!

I got my decoupage paper from Paperchase - it's white with little flecks of gold and silver running through it - so pretty! All you have to do is make sure the surface is clean before using a mixture of water and PVA/ Decoupage glue to paste the paper onto your chosen surface. Make sure there are no air bubbles and that the paper is properly folded around the corners and your pretty much done. I wanted a hint of mint (see what I did there?) to my paper so I just used watercolour paint mixed with a ton of water to create a wash of colour. Leave it to dry for 24 hours then you can add a coat of varnish (if you wish) to make the surface more durable. Such an easy project that's really revived my bedside!


To accessorise I added a couple of pretty books: It by Alexa Chung & The Leon Recipe Book for Smoothies, Juices & Cocktails, as well as some bedside beauty essentials in the form of Benefit's It's Potent Eye Cream & the Zoella Beauty Wonder Hand Cream. I actually purposely put these here so I would remember to use them before bed, as I'm forever forgetting to use eye & hand cream yet I have such a stash to use!


I also keep my everyday jewellery here for easy access (and so I remember to wear it!) on the cutest fern print trinket dish from Urban Outfitters. This usually includes my Kate Spade watch and these mini rhinestone initial earrings which are now on sale! The last item on my bedside is the most gorgeous smelling candle evuuuur. It's by a brand called Paddy Wax but I actually got this on sale from Urban Outfitters, although you can buy the same scent (just in a different pot) on the Paddy Wax website. Seriously though, you need to smell this and you will instantly fall in love - trust me, it's that good. I hope you liked this little tour of my bedside and I'd love to know what you keep on yours!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018