31 May 2016

Haywood Forest // A Bluebell Walk

PLACES

Around this time of year I always dream about going for a walk in the bluebell woods - sounds romantic doesn't it? This year I managed to drag my boyfriend Dan along and we went in search of some bluebells before getting a well earned canal side pub lunch.


We live quite close to loads of beautiful countryside and decided to go on a bluebell hunt in Haywood Forest. I always forget how nice it is to be out in the woods at this time of year - it's just so pretty and peaceful. We had a lovely walk and I would definitely return for a picnic - there were even little benches so you wouldn't have to sit on the floor, which is always a bonus. There are two national trust spots really close by too - Packwood House and Baddesley Clinton which both have amazing gardens to wander round - I'm definitely going to make it my mission to go this year as it's been too long since I've been!





On the way back we stopped off at The Navigation pub in Lapworth for a spot of lunch. It's a really lovely place to go with a garden overlooking the canal at the back. On Sundays they do the best roast dinner evuuuur - I seriously need to go again so I can eat alllll the food! We went for sandwiches from the Lunch time menu this time and they were delish. I had a steak & mozzarella ciabatta and Dan went for a chicken club which both come with the most amazing chips. This was all made even better by the weather and the fact that we got to sit outside to enjoy it!

Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018