15 July 2016

Healthy Breakfast Time // Smoothie Bowl

FOOD

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the healthiest person in the world - what can I say Pizza gets the better of me! Saying this, I really love the idea of smoothie bowls; they look super pretty, are really easy to make aaand they're ridiculously healthy. I just made this out of fruit and ingredients I had in the cupboards but I definitely want to try out a few variations and toppings in the future!


For the smoothie I used raspberries, chopped peaches, chopped apple, orange juice and banana. Basically just use whatever fruit you have to hand and a little juice - you can also add protein powder or peanut butter if you want to add a bit more protein into the mix.

Now for the fun part - toppings! The list is endless when it comes to creating fun, healthy pretty toppings to arrange on top of you smoothie bowl - I was surprised by just how easy it is to find bits and bobs in your kitchen cupboards and I definitely have other ideas and ingredients for next time. On this one I added strawberry granola, raspberries, chopped brazil nuts, a drizzle of honey and sliced peaches but I definitely want to try adding kiwi fruit, pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, blueberries, goji berries and almonds into my concoctions.

I'm so glad I tried this craze and I'll definitely be making many more bowls - breakfast time = sorted! Have you ever tried making a smoothie bowl? Would you give it a go?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018