10 February 2017

A Bar Cart Tour //

LIFESTYLE

I've wanted a bar cart for as long as I can remember and now I can finally say I have one that's fully stocked and ready for some serious cocktail making! I've been collecting bits and bobs to put on it for a year or so - before we even moved out - and now it's all put together I though I'd share with youss. 


The bar cart itself is from Swoon Editions - we have a lot of our furniture from here and it's all been really good quality. I'd seen a very similar style in Oliver Bonas at a higher price and this one actually has wheels! I love the gold + marble look and the fact that you can slot cocktail glasses in to hang above your bottles is really cool. The glasses are all from Ikea - they have a great range and they're such good value for money.


I'm all about the sweet cocktails most of the time so my taste in spirits isn't too diverse, although I definitely need to add a gin to my collection! One of my favee recent discoveries is St. Germain which is an elderflower liquer - this tastes amazing with soda/ lemonade or anything rose flavoured, plus it's really refreshing. Disaronno + Malibu are two old favourites of mine either for cocktails or just with coke or cranberry juice - lushhh. Also you can't go wrong adding a splash of Baileys Chocolate Lux to your hot chocolate - it just reminds me of Christmas!


On top of my bar cart is where I keep cocktail making equipment among other pretty looking bits and bobs. Way back when we visited Bath I went a little crazy in Anthropologie and got the cocktail shaker of my dreams, complete with little brass bees attached on. It was expensive but it was a treat to myself at the time and it always reminds me of a lovely day. I also got the kitty shaped bottle opener and shrimp shaped corkscrew - it's the little things that please me I guess!

Now it wouldn't be a blogger cliche bar cart without a brass pineapple would it? Dan got me this quite a few years ago from John Lewis but since then you can get them at quite a few places and in copper too. The dotty jug and glasses are from H&M home and the long stirring spoons were a sale find at Oliver Bonas. Also - how cute are the pink straws? I got these in Paperchase but Tiger also do some really pretty gold and mint green ones - perfect for summer barbecues and picnics!


I'm so pleased with how it's all come together - I love looking at pictures of bar carts on Pinterest and now I have one of my own *pinches self* - mad eh?!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018