28 September 2015

The Perfect No-Fuss Drugstore Base // Real Techniques, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation + Concealer

BEAUTY

Now I'm a little bit of a foundation junkie so when I saw that boots was doing any two Rimmel items for £10 I couldn't resist picking up this matching foundation and concealer duo. I initially just needed a new concealer (they didn't have my shade in my holy grail 17 stay time concealer waa!) but boy am I glad I picked up both as they just work so well together.


The Rimmel Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Foundation is a pretty full coverage foundation but it leaves your skin with a really dewy, glowing finish. It contains skin brightening vitamin C (hence the orange packaging I guess!) and has an SPF of 15. I love that it looks natural but also covers what you want it to cover. I chose the shade Ivory which is one of the lighter shades, and I'm glad I did as this does oxidise a little on my skin (nothing too bad though - I'd just advise a little testing before you buy), I also got the concealer in Ivory. On a side note this smells really nice - a little bit like a Chanel foundation does! I almost always apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I've used it for around three months now and it's just amazing - I don't know how I lived without it it's that good and I can't believe I haven't blogged about it before! This brush just blends foundation and concealer so effortlessly and is really great for giving a flawless even skin-tone in a super-quick time.

The Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer is actually really good too! I don't know why I was so surprised - I guess other drugstore concealers have let me down in comparison to my staple seventeen number (collection lasting perfection I'm looking at you!). It's got good coverage and is especially great for brightening up the under-eye area and making you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. It goes on easily and I love the wand applicator and it's super easy to blend - what more could I ask for? Let me know what your favourite drugstore base products are!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018