24 September 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Treats // Touche Eclat + Full Metal Eyeshadow

BEAUTY

I'd been saving up my boots points for quite some time when I got chatting with the lady on the YSL counter (she was a very good sales person!). A few swatches later and I found myself walking away with some new items in tow and significantly less boots points than I started out with.


I'd been intrigued by the full metal eyeshadows for quite a while and was swaying towards picking up my usual brown, taupe or gold shade, however when I saw the colour Misty Green I couldn't resist. This is a little out of my comfort zone but it does have a gorgeous gold shimmer running through the green which goes really well with a brown shade in the crease or on the bottom of your eyes just below the lash line. I love how this shadow can be build up - you can apply it softly for just a sheer wash of colour or it can be layered up to give a brighter finish. Green is a really lovely colour for bringing out blue eyes and this shade has definitely given me more confidence to wear other bolder shades, without being too crazy.

I also got the famous Touche Eclat highlighter in the shade 01. This is a really lovely product for brightening dark shadows under the eyes, as well as highlighting the cheek and brow bones, cupids bow and the bridge of the nose. It's definitely a great alternative to a shimmery highlighter, whilst still giving a great glow to the skin. What YSL products have you tried lately?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018