17 April 2016

Chanel Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Base

BEAUTY

I've been meaning to write a review on this for absolutely ages as it's actually a product that I get a fair bit of use out of. I sort've have a love-hate relationship with this Chanel primer/ base  - let's put it this way - it definitely has it's pro's and con's!


I'm currently still working my way through the older version of the Chanel Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Base, which is probably the main reason it gets on my nerves! Basically the older version comes in the most ridiculously annoying bottle evuuur; it has no pump so you just have to pour it out and hope for the best (basically it's a messy process). Luckily, if you come to buy it now, the bottle has had a lovely re-vamp and handily now comes with a pump - why it was never made like this in the first place I will never know.

Aside from this detail it's a pretty great product... I like that you can use it before foundation as a primer, mixed in with your foundation to add that little extra luminosity or to make it a tad paler, orrrr you can just dab a bit on your cheekbones as a lovely subtle highlighter - multifunctional eh? It has a pretty strong smell (as is typical of most Chanel products) which I personally quite like. I'd say this is only suitable if you have quite pale skin though as it does have a sort've white tinge to it - just something to be a bit wary of!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018