10 April 2016

It's All About The Facial Oils // Aesop

BEAUTY

Recently I've been really enjoying incorporating oils into my skincare routine. It's a common myth that oils make your skin greasy and give you spots but this absolutely isn't the case and oils can work just as well for people with oily skin as it can for those with dry skin (me for example!). I love Aesop products in general and these two in particular are great way to incorporate essential oils into your skin-care routine and have become staples for me.


Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil
Hands down this is one of the best cleansers I've ever used - It just does everything you want it to: get's rid of makeup easily, leaves your skin feeling soft not dry and smells amazing. You get a massive bottle and only need a really small amount so It'll last for ageeees. One thing I will say is you have to wet it in your hands before you put it on your face - If you use it straight from the bottle it doesn't seem to do much. I just massage it in and then rinse it off. I do usually take my makeup off first with a micellar water but you can just use this on its own if your in a rush. The only let downs for me are that it doesn't come with a pump and the glass bottle makes me a bit nervous about using it for travel (I probably will faff about and decant some of it though!).

I've used a couple of different facial oils before and when they ran out I thought I'd bite the bullet and try this slightly more pricey one. Although it may look like a tiny bottle a little goes a long way (just be careful not to spill it!). It contains 10 different precious plant oils and gives your skin a dose of vitamin E, A & C - pretty good eh? You can either use this alone, after cleansing & toning or mix a couple of drops in with your usual moisturiser for an extra hydration hit. I like to use this facial oil as part of my evening routine and really massage it in - trust me my skin feels so smooth when I wake up in the morning after I've used this! I don't use it every day - 2 to 3 times a week will do the trick.

Do you use any oils in your skin-care routine? What are your favourite brands to use?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018