26 April 2016

The Best Bright Spring Blushers // Hourglass, Topshop, Clinique + H&M

BEAUTY

When it gets to this time of year I always find myself reaching for the bright blushers: gone are the mauve and berry tones and out come the peaches and pinks - cliche eh? These are some of my absolute favourites - I tried to pick out a couple of more affordable purchases and a few cheeky high end ones - all just as fabulous as each other may I add!


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes
This was a limited edition palette from last year but hourglass do all the individual colours too, as well as an amazing ambient lighting edit which comes with 6 shades (1 highlight, 1 bronze, 2 blush and 2 powder) - ughhhh it looks so amazing but my purse couldn't take it! I love how beautiful the marbled effect in these blushes is and how each one looks so natural on the skin - it highlights and leaves your skin looking glow and fresh whilst still looking really natural. I've made a sizeable dent in Incandescent Electra (the middle shade) which is the perfect pale peach, but I'm also loving Luminous Flush (the gold and pink shade) paired with a gold eye look - so summery!

I always love Topshop beauty - it's really affordable and the packaging is ridiculously cute. I'm a little bit obsessed with this powder blusher in the shade Do It Again - it's just such a beautiful peachy coral shade with a subtle gold shimmer running through it. It's very pigmented so you don't need much on your brush and it blends really well - what more could I ask for?

I wrote about this shade before, back when H&M first re-vamped and expanded their beauty line but it's just such a gorge colour that I couldn't resist mentioning it again. I have the shade Sunny Peach which is literally like Nars Orgasm but in cream formula - win! I love how affordable this is, yet the packaging look really luxe and unique. It gives a lovely glow to the skin and is perfect for using when your in a rush as you don't need a brush and it's like a highlight and blush in one!

shade berry pop This is another old favourite of mine that I always find myself reaching for around this time of year. It's a really pretty fuchsia shade that really does  (as the name would suggest) give you cheeks a pop of colour. I love pairing this with a really bold matte fuchsia lip and paring down my eye make-up as a contrast. The formula of this is strange (in a good way); it's sort've half cream half powder and doesn't sit on the skin at all - plus it's soo pretty with the little flower embossing!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018