5 April 2016

Cheese Scones // Bacon + Brie

FOOD

Oh I do love a good cheesy scone, and they're even better when you make them yourself and eat them hot out the oven. My latest attempt went quite well (unlike some of my other culinary disasters that I avert from mentioning here on the blog!) so I thought I'd share the recipe I used and what I like to put inside - it's sort of like a sandwich but better...


Get your hands on:

225g of plain flour
2 tsp of baking powder
a pinch of salt & pepper
50g of cubed butter
140ml of milk plus a little extra to glaze the top
125g of grated cheddar cheese

Pop the oven on at gas mark 8/ 220C before grabbing a bowl and mixing together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Now for the fun part, add the butter to the mixture before rubbing it into the flour - it should start to look like fine breadcrumbs (trust me it's very therapeutic in a weird way!). Next add the grated cheese and give it a mix before pouring in the milk and giving it a further stir. The mixture should now form a ball of dough which you can roll out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of around 2cm. Using a cutter (you choose the size) stamp out your scones until you've used up all the dough. Pop them on a lined baking tray and brush the tops with milk (you can add cheese too if you wish!) then into the oven they go for around 20-25 mins. They come out as little cheesy  bites of deliciousness and are even more amazing when cut open and stuffed full of bacon, brie and salad - so worth the effort of baking!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018