18 May 2015

Minty Fresh // Lush Mask Of Magnaminty Fresh Face + Body Mask

BEAUTY

I've been wanting to try one of Lush's famous face masks for such a long time, but the one thing that's been putting me off is the idea of storing them in the fridge and having to use them up so quick. I was a little worried that I would simply forget about it and be wasting my money. However, I didn't realise - the Mask of Magnaminty is one of Lush's self-preserving masks, meaning it has a longer shelf-life and can be stored at room temperature - win!


Having a little scout around on Instagram and on others blogs this mask is definitely a firm favourite with other so I just had to see what all the fuss was about. It has a lovely minty smell and a very green appearance, don't be scared though - you may look like a green monster when you have it on but your skin will definitely thank you for it! It leaves a lovely tingle on the skin when you first apply it (probably the mint) and feels fresh and cooling on the skin, especially if you have any angry spots that need soothing. I don't get too many spots, but every so often my skin needs a bit of a deep cleanse/ exfoliate and this does the job really well, leaving your skin feeling squeaky clean and baby soft. Another thing I love about this is that it's not drying in any way - this may be down to the fact that it contains honey - known for both its moisturising and antiseptic properties.

The mask also contains peppermint oil which gives the cooling effect, kaolin which is cleansing and absorbent, evening primrose seeds and ground aduki beans to gently exfoliate, as well as marigold oil. It's really great for toning down any redness and another plus - once you've purchased five of these you get the sixth for free! Just take back the empty pots and Lush will recycle them for you and give you a mask for your effort. Have you tried any masks from Lush - what's your favourite?
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018