4 May 2015

Radiant Skin // REN Flash Rinse, First Aid Beauty, Caudalie Beauty Elixir + Glamglow Youth Mud

BEAUTY

Last week Feel Unique had the most amazing offer on Groupon where you pay £15 to get a £25 voucher. Unfortunately this has now sold out, however when I was perusing the Feel Unique website deciding what to buy I came across this other great deal - the Radiant Skin Beauty Box. Because of the Groupon offer I only payed £25 for this (yay), however £35 is a pretty good deal (Feel Unique are also doing 10% off at the moment!).


Inside the box you get a full size Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial (75ml) which I already own and love, so I'm super happy to own a back up of this. I try to use this around three times a week as it's just so quick and really easy to use. It has a very strange consistency; a sort of light green paste which feels a little like applying a primer to your face, albeit a little more gritty. You simply massage it onto dry skin and then wet your fingers slightly to activate the Vitamin C before massaging some more - REN say that results can be expected in 1 minute but I like to leave it on a little longer and massage it in more before rinsing off (well why not??). My skin just feels so clean and smooth after using this, giving a brighter and more even complexion.

Another favourite for me (which I conveniently just ran out of) is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir (30ml). This is a water spray which can be used as both a toner and on top of makeup to set it, and contains grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary. I absolutely love the smell of this stuff, it's so fresh and a little bit herbal - I always take a deep breath or two when I spray this on my face - it's very calming. I only use one spray and that's enough for me as it is quite strong, leaving a little tingle to my face upon fresh application and helping to tighten my pores. One word of warning though is to close your eyes before spraying (the mint in this will sting like hell) and pat into the skin before opening them again; or alternatively spray onto a cotton pad and apply that way.

You also get the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (28 pads) and the Glamglow Youth Mud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask (15g). I'm so impressed with the Facial Radiance Pads - they're so convenient and quick to use, just one quick swipe over the face and you're done. They are to be used at the toner stage of your skincare regime (after cleansing, before serum) and contain Lactic, Glycolic and Hyaluronic Acid amongst a whole host of other goodies. I love how gentle these are (acid toning can be scary for some people) yet they leave my skin exfoliated, soft and plump - these are definitely going into my every day skincare routine (also, a tip to make these go further is to cut them in half instead of using a whole pad every time).

On the other hand, I was a little disappointed with the Glamglow mask, maybe because the reviews are so good and it is very expensive, but I feel like it doesn't quite live up to the hype for me. I didn't experience any of the tingling sensations advertised and it was quite difficult to apply due to the large pieces of leaf within the formula. It did leave my skin feeling smooth and well exfoliated however for the price I would definitely stick to my beloved Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask, with it's smooth consistency and significantly cheaper price point - see my review here. Overall I think I've got Radiant Skin down for a long while!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018