21 April 2015

A Few Spring-time Favourites...

BEAUTY

The weather here in the UK has (strangely!) been pretty good lately - consistently warm and sunny - it most definitely feels like spring! With that thought in mind, I thought it was time for me to post something of a spring edit, with some of the products I've been using a lot at this time of year.



First up is a product which I actually can't believe I've never mentioned before - it's literally a holy grail for me, and something I've been using for years. The Seventeen Stay Time Concealer is the perfect creamy, light-weight, non-drying formula, yet it has really good coverage. I've tested many concealers, both high-end and budget and I always come back to this one, for quick every-day use and its no-fuss applicator. If you're looking for a concealer which is going to give you dewy, glowing skin (perfect for spring!) then please look no further. The only down-side is that this only comes in three shades (I use fair, which is the middle shade).

Cream blusher is also something of a must for me when it comes to Spring make-up and I have to say Chanel do some of the best. I have a couple of their shades - a gorgeous peach (presage) and a vibrant pink (affinite) - and I find them to be long lasting; drying down to a slight matte finish. They are really easy to blend, either with a brush or your fingers and are great for carrying around on the go.

On to a couple of lip products now, and I felt like I had to mention the amazing Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Tint-In-Oil, in the shade 05 Cherry Me, as I have been wearing it non-stop and it just feels like a very Spring appropriate shade and finish. You can find my full review on it here. I have also been feeling a nude lip recently, and the classic Boots No7 Lip Liner in the shade Nude is perfect for an easy, natural lip. I like to use it to pencil in my entire lip, and either leave it at that for a more matte look, or use a lip-balm over the top - simple!

My final Spring pick is the Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil, which is a beautiful lightweight hair oil. I love this as you only need a really tiny amount, yet you can notice the difference even after one use. It smells beautiful and leaves your hair really soft and smooth whilst protecting it too. Please let me know any of your spring picks!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018