22 April 2015

The Perfect Base // MAC Strobe Cream + MAC Prep + Prime

BEAUTY

I received both of these as samples when buying MAC face and body foundation (review to come on this soon!), and I have to say, using these in conjunction with each other provides a really great base for make-up.


MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage is a lovely lightweight, quite-fluid primer, which I have been using straight after my skin-care regime. I find it evens out my skin-tone and any dry or oily patches I have and just makes my foundation go on a lot more evenly, whist helping it to last longer throughout the day, without going cakey or settling in to dryer areas.

I follow up this with the use of MAC Strobe Cream, which can actually be used in a variety of different ways. It can be used under the skin as more of an illuminating primer; it can be mixed into foundation to make it a tad lighter and more dewy; or it can be used as a beautiful natural looking liquid highlighter. This product is also supposedly loaded up with vitamins, potent botanicals and green tea, leaving your skin feeling ultra refreshed and glowy. I'm not quite sure if it's had that exact effect on me, but it definitely helps amp up the dewy spring skin I've been trying to achieve!
Copyright © Rosie Luck 2014-2018